Most of the things you could do in a house, you can do in an apartment. There are some restrictions - but it's much easier if you know what they are and how to overcome them. That's our focus here.
We'll summarise what you can do (from heaps of information that's already out there) and where relevant, point out the extra steps that may be necessary because you're in a strata scheme.
When you see either or both of these icons, it's an indication that:
Permission may be needed from the Owners Corporation because the action you want to take affects the strata scheme's common property
If you're a tenant, you may need permission from your landlord
These simple steps will help you reduce energy consumption and costs:
- Understand what you REALLY own or rent
- Understand electricity basics - how it's supplied, measured and metered
- Understand gas basics - how it's supplied, measured and metered
- Understand your energy bills
- Choose the best tariff for your needs
- Know where you use energy
- Use less energy
- Generate energy from renewable sources
- Check if there are any rebates or incentives to help you